6.30.2011

If you don't like it, change it


Time: 3 hours
Cost: Stripper ($15, but SO worth it) + Spray paint ($6) + Paper ($4) + Knob ($12) = $40

I'm a strong believer in modifying things to satisfy your needs and or wants.  With this nightstand, I wasn't a huge fan of the color, but I absolutely loved the shape and price!  I purchased this beautiful nightstand at my favorite antique store, Country Roads, for only $20!


DSC_2485


This will be your best friend if you are stripping paint off of furniture!!  You can find it at your local Home Depot. First, I tried to strip paint off of it by using a scraper...that did not work out! But this hero in a can saved me so much time.  All I did was paint this liquid wherever there was paint, I waited 15 minutes.  

DSC_2822

1) Paint this stripper onto your piece of furniture (wherever there is paint) and wait 15 minutes.
**Make sure you do this outside and wear a mask!
DSC_2828

2) By the 15 minute mark, little air bubbles form within the paint and it becomes a gooey substance which makes it extremely easy to strip paint off.  Use a scraper, to remove the paint.  If there is more than one layer of paint, repeat the process.
DSC_2838

Once I stripped the paint off, I took sand paper to smooth down the nightstand.  I spray painted it black which only took about 10 minutes; once that dried, I sanded the edges to give it a worn out look.  I purchased this delicate floral paper from a local Art store and applied it to the sides and the drawer with double sided tape and I topped it off with a knob from the one and only, Anthropologie


Nightstand after

I hope you enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment