8.25.2011

Pray. Relax. Let Go. & Let God Take Over.

48496266_Ra1hEcIC_c
.Source.
There are too many distractions in life and most of them are petty things.  We get caught up in our daily stresses and we allow it to consume us.  We give it permission to bring us down and torture us.  Times like this we have to pray.  It's easy to praise God when all is good, but the key is to praise him when all is wrong.  We must trust that there is good through these trials that He gives us. 

 Often when I am overwhelmed with the stresses of life, I forget to lean on God. I have to learn to give it up to God everyday and ask Him to take the weight off of my shoulders.
This year, I am going to focus on surrounding my life with God and all of the goodness that He has to offer.  That's not always easy to do, but I believe a little help from my encouraging friends will keep me on the right path that we all yearn for.  My friend is organizing a small, intimate Bible Study every Friday morning at the local Coffee Bean.  I've always wanted to go to a Bible Study, but I've yet to go.  Tomorrow will be my first! I am so excited!  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight." 
Proverbs 3:5-6



1 comment:

  1. Such a dtreat reminder! We so easily forget to just sit down and consult with the Lord in times of struggle. Thanks for posting !

    ReplyDelete